Friday, May 18, 2012

HOW TO KEEP YOUR RELATIONSHIP GOING DESPITE DISTANCE


To be away from someone you love is by far one of the most torturous events in a person’s life. It’s not certainly easy to long for someone while thinking your great moments together. A lot of people I know may have succeeded keeping their relationship even from a distant at the beginning and would still eventually split up.

I, too is pretty anxious with this. I and boyfriend will be miles and miles away months from now and I’ve been dealing with a lot of thoughts crossing my mind. We’ve been away for a month but it felt like we’ve been away for years. And I want him more than I‘ve ever wanted him before when we were together.  People facing or about to face with this dilemma would definitely seek for answers, like I do, on how to keep our relationship going despite the distance. Well, I’ve learned few good advices and it’s sort of working for me.

1.  Faith in God. I always include in my prayers that our relationship would still workout even when we’re far, and He knows how pure my prayers are. God listens, so talk to Him.

2.  One friend I sought consultation with, told me to keep the communication constant. You don’t have to require your partner to communicate with you every hour or every minute. Just simply allot at least 30 minutes to an hour of chit-chat with him/her. I think that wouldn’t cost much of each other’s time.

3. Trust him/her. Well, I have had issues in terms of trusting my partner. But trusting him became easy for me because he constantly puts up efforts to show me that he’s worth trusting. Each partner should take responsibility of holding the trust given. How? Do not lie. Tell him/her everything. That’s the simplest thing to do.

4.  Feel each day as if it was the first day you’re apart. That’s what my boyfriend told me. Every day when he wakes up, his love for me never goes down because he always thinks that every single day he longs for me and he longs for us.

5.  Stay Faithfully Loyal. That I meant, embody the true essence of fidelity. Yes, we may be attracted at some point, but those are mere attractions. Always keep in your mind that there is someone better waiting for you, and that someone has given and will give you lots of reasons to be happy than what that simple attraction can give you.

6.  Let your partner do what he/she wants to do as an individual. We have the tendency to not allow our partners to do certain things like: going out, shopping or chilling out, because we’re afraid that they might stumble upon someone that’ll just might distract your partner’s feelings towards you. I felt the same but I learned that keeping him tight would make him struggle to loosen up and as he loosens up you’ll lose him in the process. Just let him/her be, never forget that you two are separate individuals as well.

7.  As stated, do not forget your own self. Just because your other partner is far, that doesn't necessarily follow that you’ll soak yourself down in your bed waiting for him/her. Always keep yourself lifted, that means never neglect yourself. Always rejuvenate yourself - be pretty or handsome at all times!




1 comment: